Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Opportunity
Promoting Small Business and Women in the Workplace #InUtah
Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Opportunity was charged by the state Legislature to create a strategic public awareness plan and media campaign to stimulate Utah’s economy and influence healthy behaviors during the COVID-19 crisis. The desired results of the campaign were to influence public health behaviors (increase wearing of masks and physical distancing without the need for a statewide mandate), encourage support for and engagement of local businesses, encourage outside companies and film productions to locate in Utah, and create and strengthen consumer confidence in a post COVID-19 environment. RUMOR was chosen as the agency most qualified to create and execute the initial $2M comprehensive communications plan and statewide engagement campaign across all media vehicles.
In 2022, the Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Opportunity wanted to continue the work of supporting small business with the In Utah campaign, as well as create a new strategic public awareness plan and media campaign to show Utah’s support for women in the economy. Women make up a large part of the economic activity in Utah, whether as entrepreneurs, business professionals, or women looking to relaunch their career, GOEO wanted to create an initiative that focused on supporting women. After extensive research, RUMOR developed the Inspire In Utah campaign that targeted 1) women entrepreneurs 2) women in the workforce 3) women looking to relaunch their career after an extended period of time. To support these audiences a website and targeted campaigns were created to inform people about resources, professional development opportunities, networking chances, seminars, events, funding, grants, and all types of aids that would help women advance in their careers, chosen fields, or entrepreneurial ventures as well as continuing support and awareness for small businesses in general.
- Analysis of primary research to determine benchmarks for measured success
- Creative concepting and master theme development
- Strategic communication plan developed around theme
- Theme expansion into additional legislative priorities for public health awareness and engagement.
- Creation of InUtah.org website and Spanish EnUtah.org
- Strategic media planning and placement to reach rural and metro areas of the state.
- Agile execution of special requests for creative by Legislature and partner organizations
- Completion of a Partner Toolkit to solicit and provide guidelines for user generated content, success stories,using partner resources instead of State.
- Media relations and expert support on podcasts, public presentations, partner engagement, etc.
- Creative and production of all assets for TV, radio, print, outdoor, paid digital, social media and experiential campaigns.
- Negotiating appearances and participation of local celebrities to expand reach of message.