At RUMOR Advertising, the Web Developer role is broad in responsibilities and critical to our overall company success. It is a role focused on building the best websites and applications in the industry. Developers work with a diverse team of highly skilled strategists, designers, developers, and other content specialists.
This is not a slow-paced job where you can fly under the radar and not be relied upon daily. If you want to be in an environment where your team and clients are counting on you to knock it out of the park every day, then this place is for you.
This is a full-time, on-site salaried position, based in Salt Lake City, UT. Please do not contact us about outsourcing; please no recruiters.
Core responsibilities include:
- Deliver websites that accurately match the design files provided by design team
- Ensure all work is thoroughly tested before presented to the customer
- Adhere to the quality standards and principles developed by RUMOR
- Take the time to improve skills and continue to learn
- Work with the team on web projects to develop cross-platform websites and applications
- Maintain the support of our active sites in bug fixes and any other issues that arise
- Track development time in relation to project scope
- Provide basic training on website functions to clients.
- Provide miscellaneous technical support for clients when necessary
- Build fully responsive websites on a WordPress platform
- Build E-commerce sites using the WooCommerce Platform
- Make basic front-end adjustments to a variety of website platforms including e-commerce platforms such as Magento.
- Set-up and do basic maintenance hosting on behalf of clients
- 2+ Years experience with WordPress Theme + Plugin Development
- 2+ Years experience with HTML and CSS.
- 2+ Years experience with PHP
- Experience with front-end frameworks (Bootstrap, CSS Grid, etc.)
- Experience with GitHub + GitLabs
- Experience with basic on-page SEO and Yoast Plugin
Founded in 1997, RUMOR is a full-service agency located in Salt Lake City, Utah with 20 power-packed years of advertising and marketing experience logged on the odometer. We call ourselves RUMOR because we believe a rumor is the most powerful form of communication in existence—the kind that quickly and spontaneously grows until people can’t stop talking about it. We’re an ad agency with a great culture and a positive environment where merit is noticed and rewarded.
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid time off
- Fully paid health insurance premiums
- Beautiful office space
- Great clients, exciting projects
- Stocked kitchen with fresh treats and goodies
RUMOR Advertising is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.