Social Media & Digital Marketing Internship
Are you interested in gaining hands-on experience in marketing (emphasis on social media/ digital advertising)? We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to join our team to assist with our organic social media channels and learn the basics of digital advertising.
You will report to the Social Media Specialist and will work closely with the media and creative team. The internship is a great opportunity to build a portfolio while learning the best practices of social media marketing, building a digital audience, client relationships, etc.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Monitor social media channels engagement (user-generated content, responding to direct messages, replying to comments left on our posts, hashtag usage, etc.)
- Concept and help manage influencer campaigns from ideation through execution including a budget, briefs, identifying and reaching out to influencers, contracts, approving content, and reporting.
- Create shareable content for Instagram and Facebook to spread awareness for our agency as well as our clients.
- Measure growth of follower count across digital channels in a weekly report.
- Work with our Social Media manager to create short-form video content (Reels).
- Find on-brand user-generated content to share on our client’s social media channels.
What we’re looking for:
- A current or recently graduated university student enrolled in a degree-seeking program studying Marketing or another related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrated leadership experience and prior marketing internship experience preferred
- Marketing savvy and creativity
- Proven social media skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, with direction and guidance, and on a team
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to balance multiple priorities at once with attention to detail
- Experience with marketing automation systems like Hubspot is highly desirable
This is paid part-time in-person internship (up to 20 hours/ week) with the potential of transitioning to a full-time role. RUMOR is currently celebrating our 25th year and is located in Salt Lake City.
RUMOR Advertising is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.